Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Jerusalem of Gold

My blog will now have somewhat of a different focus.

I just arrived in Jerusalem to begin a year of Judaic studies here. I am on a break from accounting so this space will no longer be a forum for angry accounting rants. (I did, however, bring my "accountant with personality" t-shirt (see Nov 14 post) just to ensure that I don't stray too far from my roots.

I'll try to post on the blog as often as possible with updates, stories and thoughts from Israel.
It's a pretty amazing place so I'm sure I'll have no trouble finding material.

Also, now that I have a digital camera, I can start adding some pictures to the blog too.

Here's just a couple so far...

1 of the many booths at the Israel Museum Wine Festival. 50 shekels gets you unlimited wine tasting... Needless to say, it was a fun night.



A man sleeping inside his cart at the Jaffa Gate. I had to be discreet when taking the photo because I didn't want his friends to yell at me.

Ami in the shuk. We had some good Indian food. (the white spot in his beard is yogourt).

That's it for now.
Layla Tov

1 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Awww. Sorry I missed you guys at the shuk last night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home