Friday, December 09, 2005

Accounting Textbook With Personality

I was studying in the library for my advanced financial accounting exam when I came across the following paragraph in my textbook: (the last sentence is the most important. I added the italics)

"In this chapter, we deal only with wholly owned subsidiaries. Subsequent chapters will relax that simplifying assumption, thereby introducing further complexities...Now, sit back, pay attention, and enjoy the ride!"

I just found this to be extremely ridiculous.

A friend of mine, making a reference to the name of my blog, told me that it was trying to be "an accounting textbook with personality".

For some reason, I feel embarrassed.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha

it reminds me of the "spirit of the tax act" which you must remember to never go against, as goldsman so blatantly put it. The Tax Act has a spirit? ok...

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At U of T, they have the regular Calculus course, and then they have something they call "Calculus!".
More exciting? I'm not sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home